Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Under general supervision of the Youth Specialist, and the Parks and Recreation Commission, the purpose of this volunteer position is to develop a group of teens, in 7th – 12th grades, that would assist with the general planning, preparation and organizing of events and activities in the Youth Department and the Town of Castle Rock. Individuals in this volunteer position would act as the “voice” for teens in the Castle Rock Community by expressing their opinions and ideas as they relate to the Youth Department and the Town of Castle Rock.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
• Attends Teen Advisory Group meetings twice a month.
• Assists in the development of specific goals and a mission statement for the Teen Advisory Group.
• Revises bylaws for the Teen Advisory Group.
• Establishes a good relationship with the Parks and Recreation Commission and Town Council members.
• Attends the Parks and Recreation Commission meetings and update the other members of the current happenings of the Town.
• Attends the necessary team building and training meetings.
• Communicates with citizens and responds to their inquiries and concerns.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with the public and staff.
• Conducts both long range and short term planning.
• Develops specific marketing plans and ideas in the schools and throughout the Town including flyer distribution.
• Assists in developing and maintaining program policies and procedures.
• Develops, organizes, plans, and participates in community service and outreach programs.
• Develops, organizes, plans and participates in fundraising tasks for the Teen Advisory Group.
While the following tasks are necessary for the work of the unit, they are not an essential part of the purpose of this position and may also be performed by other unit members.
• Assists other recreation divisions in various functions when needed.
• Contributes to and works with national organizations; i.e. NRPA, CPRA.
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
Knowledge of principles and practices involved in promoting public/community activities and events.
• Knowledge of the characteristics and needs of the target population.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of short-to-long-range planning.
• Skill in both written and oral communications for effective expression and clarity.
• Ability to respond to citizen complaints/concerns with considerable tact and courtesy.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions in accordance with established Town policies and procedures.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisor, support staff, volunteers, and other department with which the position interacts.
I have been informed of the duties and functions of this group, including the duties and obligations of persons serving as a member of this specific group. I have been informed of the meeting schedule and I am not aware of any scheduling conflicts.
I (name above) do hereby certify that to the best of my knowledge and belief the information contained herein is true and correct, and that I have fully disclosed any personal interests in matters before the Group for which I am applying.
By writing my name in the space above, I understand that I agree to the affidavit and all the TAG requirements.
I give permission for my son/daughter and I understand and give my consent for my child to participate in the Teen Advisory Group.
to serve on The Town of Castle Rock Teen Advisory Group. I
understand that my child will be expected to attend monthly T.A.G. meetings that will be
held at the Castle Rock Community Recreation Center. In addition, I give my permission
for my child to participate in all activities of the Teen Advisory Group, including but not
limited to, community service and outreach programs, planning and organizing special
events through the recreation center for the Town of Castle Rock, and assisting in
marketing plans to increase participation in youth and teen programs at the Recreation
Center through the Parks and Recreation Department. I understand that all participation
is done at the risk of the individual and the Town of Castle Rock is not liable for personal
injury, theft or property loss. You assume for yourself and your family members, full
responsibility for any injuries, damages or losses which may occur to you, and hereby fully
or forever release the Town of Castle Rock, and its employees from any claims, demands,
rights of action, present or future, whether the same to be known or unknown, anticipated
or unanticipated, resulting from or arising out of use of facilities, programs, or equipment.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field