Where does the water that leaves my street go?

Stormwater runoff is collected by a network of gutters, catch basins, pipes, temporary holding ponds and channels that lead directly to the nearest waterway. This network is known as the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System, or MS4. Only stormwater is allowed in the MS4. Remember: one thing is clear, our rivers, lakes and creeks depend on you!

One Thing is Clear

Show All Answers

1. Where can I find information regarding drainage requirements on residential construction?
2. Can I store landscape materials in the street for my house project?
3. When am I required to install landscaping at my new house?
4. Where do I submit a mosquito annoyance complaint or information request?
5. What can I do about the excessive water and ice that constantly flows over my sidewalk?
6. Can the storm drain inlet on my street be altered?
7. Who may I contact to address soil erosion in the open space near my property?
8. Who may I contact to request maintenance of the drainage facilities on or near my property?
9. How may I request a review of the monthly stormwater utility fee for my commercial property?
10. Who should I call if I am aware of accidental or illegal dumping down the storm drain?
11. Where does the water that leaves my street go?
12. What is a drainage swale?
13. My lender is requiring flood insurance. What do I do?