Improving our infrastructure
Ensuring that residents and businesses of Castle Rock have clean, reliable water 24/7 is our top priority. This means, that in addition to managing all of the plants, pipes and hydrants, we must also do some big construction improvements along the way. These projects incorporate new infrastructure, upgrading to modern standards and replacing aging equipment. For 2019, this included:
- Plum Creek Water Purification Facility - started expansion for additional treatment to handle reuse water.
- Town golf course non-potable lines - added non-potable (non-drinking) water service to the Red Hawk Golf Course.
- Plum Creek Water Reclamation Facility - assisted in the expansion.
- Stormwater improvements - managed the flow of water through the community, including Gordon Drive, Douglas Lane, and Hangman’s Gulch.
- Well drilling - added or replaced several surface alluvial and deep groundwater wells (some of which reach more than 1,600 feet into the earth).
If you are curious about a project under construction, look to the Development Activity Map
for more information.