Moving forward with voter-approved uses of the Town’s “excess” TABOR funds from 2021 and receiving a report on the capacity of Downtown Castle Rock’s streets were topics on Town Council’s July 5 meeting agenda.
Here is a closer look:
- TABOR funds – Council directed Town staff to prepare a budget amendment to use the Town’s 2021 TABOR “surplus” funds as approved by voters solely for police, fire/EMS and roads as follows:
- $6 million toward the future construction of Fire Station 156 near the Terrain and Cobblestone Ranch areas
- $2 million to build out additional space at Police Headquarters to accommodate staff growth
- $1 million for wildfire mitigation initiatives
- $5.6 million for road projects
Voters in the Town’s November 2021 election approved these uses under the State’s Taxpayer Bill of Rights law. Learn more at CRgov.com/TABOR.
- Downtown street capacity – Town Council last year directed staff to hire a consultant to assess the capacity of Downtown Castle Rock’s streets to better understand potential future land uses within Downtown. Engineering firm AECOM was hired to perform the analysis and on Tuesday presented its resulting report, which included information on Downtown intersections’ anticipated vehicle flow performance.
The Town can use the study to help assess proposed development projects, as well as to help develop plans for future road network improvements to accommodate Downtown transportation needs.
Watch the Town Council meeting: castlerock-co.granicus.com/player/clip/1412
The next regular Town Council meeting is Tuesday, July 19. Visit CRgov.com/CouncilComments between July 14 and 19 to provide written feedback, or to sign up to speak via videoconference during the meeting. The meeting will be available live at CRgov.com/CouncilMeeting. In-person attendance will also be available.
Questions? Email all Councilmembers at TownCouncil@CRgov.com, or find your Council representative at CRgov.com/Council; sign up for email updates by clicking “Get Email Updates.” Updates include summaries of top Council items, as well as previews of Council meetings.
View Town Council agendas at CRgov.com/Agendas. Watch Council live at CRgov.com/WatchCouncil, or catch a recording there after the meeting. Town Council meetings are also broadcast live and replayed on Comcast Channel 22.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).
Need to talk to the Town? Dial 720-896-TOWN (8696) to reach a menu for help with frequently asked questions or live assistance during business hours.