The community is invited to join Town staff and project management teams at an open house from 4 to 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, at Town Hall, 100 N. Wilcox St. Topics will include the Fifth Street Improvements Project and Gilbert Street Speed Reduction Improvements Project.
Fifth Street Improvements Project:
The Town of Castle Rock is improving Fifth Street, from Gilbert Street to Founders Parkway, to increase safety for the traveling public, reduce congestion and expand pedestrian access.
At the open house, attendees will have the opportunity to meet the project team, learn about the roadway improvements coming to Fifth Street, ask questions and provide feedback. Information on how to stay involved in the project will also be provided.
Recommended Fifth Street improvements include:
- Roadway widening in certain segments to accommodate additional on-street bike and vehicle lanes
- Intersection improvements at Woodlands Boulevard
- Intersection improvements at Valley Drive
- Side street access changes
- Sidewalk installation
- Utility upgrades
The project design is currently underway and scheduled for completion in late 2022. Construction is estimated to begin in late 2022 and be completed in 2023. For more information on the project and to share feedback, visit CRgov.com/FifthStreet.
Gilbert Street Speed Reduction Improvements Project:
The Town of Castle Rock is looking for feedback on potential improvements to Gilbert Street, from Fifth Street to South Street, to encourage slower speeds, improve safety for the traveling public and increase pedestrian access.
Potential Gilbert Street improvements include:
- A designated truck route for the commercial area on Gilbert Street south of South Street to Plum Creek Parkway. The section of Gilbert Street between Fifth and South streets would not permit commercial truck traffic unless trucks have a specific business destination that requires use. For more information on proposed truck routes around Town, visit the Designated Truck Route map at CRgov.com/GilbertStreet.
- Additional streetlights
- Enhanced roadway striping, including narrower lanes and added bike lane markings
- Curb extensions between Fourth Street and Fifth Street
- Mini-roundabout or raised crosswalk at Third Street
- Pedestrian refuge or raised crosswalk at Second Street
- Curb extensions at First Street
- Mini-roundabout at South Street, pedestrian refuges, or enhanced lane markings
For more information on the project and to provide feedback through Feb. 10, visit CRgov.com/GilbertStreet.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/NotifyMe, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV), Twitter (@CRgov) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).