Holiday Card Art Contest
What do you love about our Town and what does Castle Rock mean to you?
The Public Art Commission is seeking submissions of artwork to be featured on the Town of Castle Rock’s 2023 holiday card. Artists should be middle- and high-school-aged students who live or attend school in Castle Rock. Submitted works of art should help tell Castle Rock’s story and express what Castle Rock means to the artists.
The winning art will be featured on the cover of the Town's official 2023 holiday card, displayed in Town facilities and used for marketing. The winner will be recognized at a Town Council meeting in November and will receive a set of printed cards and a $100 gift card to Hobby Lobby.
We can't wait to see all of the unique ways students express themselves and their love of the Town!
- All art mediums and styles accepted, including digital submissions
- Submitted artworks must be original work, distinctive in design, color and subject matter, and appropriate for public viewing by all ages
- The ideal artwork will be scalable to a printed card of five-by-seven inches
- Digital submissions should be RBG 300 dpi and submitted through the online form
- Physical submissions may be submitted through uploading an image through the online form or dropped off at the front desk of the Miller Activity Complex, 1375 W. Plum Creek Pkwy, during business hours: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday.
- All submissions are due by Sunday, Oct. 8 at 8 p.m.
- Artists will be able to pick up their submissions beginning Nov. 1 at the front desk of the MAC if they prefer to have them back
The Public Art Commission will jury submitted entries and select a work of art. The Town will produce approximately 200 cards to be mailed to VIPs, neighboring communities, etc.
The winning art will become the property of the Town of Castle Rock and used in perpetuity. Once an artwork is selected, Town staff will work with the winning artist’s parent or legal guardian to obtain appropriate permissions to reproduce the selected artwork for the holiday cards, as well as obtain copyright permissions to use the work of art in marketing material. A written agreement formalizing the use of the work after its selection will be required. The winning artwork may also be featured in additional digital and printed media, such as banners, mailings, on CRgov.com, etc.
- August 2023 — announcement and distribution of call for art entries
- Oct. 8, 2023 — deadline for submissions
- Mid-October 2023 — notification of winning proposal
- November 2023 — selected artist to be featured at Town Council meeting
- November / December 2023 — artwork enlarged and displayed at Town facilities
- December 2023 — cards distributed/mailed by Town
Who we are
The mission of the Public Art Commission is to catalyze memorable art experiences that create a deep love for our Town. We seek to be the champions of public art and to bring art into public dialogue whenever possible.
If you have questions, please contact Maia Yates by email or call 720-724-2095.