Crystal Valley Parkway and Plum Creek Boulevard Roundabout
To help reduce vehicle speeds and improve safety and operations in the area, the intersection of Crystal Valley Parkway and Plum Creek Boulevard will be improved with a roundabout.
Town staff reviewed a variety of roadway improvement options to identify one that meets the most elements valued by the community: high safety, low lifecycle cost, low downtime, low environmental impacts, and reliability. The roundabout option was determined to be the most effective over traffic signal and stop sign options.
The project will implement the following:
- Improved access to the new Crystal Valley interchange from the southeast areas of Town, once constructed.
- Bicycle lanes and improved pedestrian crossings.
- Reduced speeds at the intersection, which assists with improved safety.
The roundabout design has been completed and the project is now entering into the construction phase with the following anticipated schedule:
- Contract approval in December 2022.
- Construction begins in late March 2023.
- Construction completion in late summer 2023.
From about late March through July, please watch for lane shifts on Crystal Valley Parkway from the fire station to Old Lanterns Parkway. Two-way traffic will be maintained, but the road will be reduced to one lane in each direction for roundabout construction.
For safety, please slow down in the construction zone and give yourself extra time to make your trip. Construction crews will be working along the roadside, with trucks entering and exiting the construction zone.
Phase one: March 27 through May
Phase two: June through July
Watch for signs along the roadside for the most up-to-date information. Signed detours for pedestrians and bicyclists will be posted in the project area. The below timeline is weather-dependent and subject to change.
- The first phase of construction begins March 27 through May: Plum Creek Boulevard will be closed just south of Crystal Valley Parkway. Residents south of Crystal Valley Parkway should follow directional signage to East Montaine Circle/Old Lanterns Parkway to access Crystal Valley Parkway.
- The second phase of construction begins in about June through July: Once Phase 1 construction is complete, Plum Creek Boulevard will be closed just north of Crystal Valley Parkway. Residents should follow directional signage to East Frontage Road or travel along Plum Creek Boulevard from the north as a detour.
Suggested detour map
Get roadwork updates about the Crystal Valley Parkway and Plum Creek Boulevard roundabout project in your inbox. You can expect a project update about once per month or as new developments happen. Join the email list to stay informed about the project's progress.