About the project
The Town of Castle Rock is looking for feedback on potential improvements to Gilbert Street, from Fifth to South streets, to encourage slower speeds, improve safety for the traveling public and increase pedestrian access.
Potential Gilbert Street improvements include:
- Create a designated truck route for the commercial area on Gilbert Street south of South Street to Plum Creek Parkway. In accordance with proposed Townwide truck routes, the section of Gilbert Street between Fifth and South streets would not permit commercial truck traffic. Visit the designated Gilbert Street truck route detail map (PDF) for more information on proposed truck routes around Town.
- Additional streetlights
- Enhanced roadway striping, including narrower lanes and added bike lane markings
- Curb extensions between Fourth Street and Fifth Street
- Mini-roundabout or raised crosswalk at Third Street
- Pedestrian refuge or raised crosswalk at Second Street
- Curb extensions at First Street
- Mini-roundabout at South Street, pedestrian refuges, or enhanced lane markings
The Pavement Maintenance Program is scheduled to reconstruct this segment of Gilbert Street in 2022. This gives the Town an opportunity to incorporate these potential improvements.