Castle Rock Police Department invites you to sit in the driver’s seat and explore the many vehicles that serve our community.
CRPD started its annual Touch-A-Truck event in 2016, and it continues to grow every year. We are so grateful to the many organizations around the state who continue to participate in this event. From police cars to firetrucks, helicopters and more, there is something for everyone!
Not only will you will have an opportunity to climb inside and take pictures of the various trucks, their operators will be on hand to answer questions and teach you how they work. Our hope is for your family to leave with a better understanding about how these vehicles all play an important role in keeping our residents safe and secure.
- Saturday, Aug. 20
- Douglas County Fairgrounds Event Center
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a “no horn” hour from 9 to 10 a.m. for those kids who would like a more relaxed experience
- Cost: Free!
2022 Touch-A-Truck Participants
- American Furniture Warehouse
- Black Hills Energy
- Brannan Companies
- Castle Rock Fire and Rescue
- Castle Rock Moving
- Castle Rock Police Department
- Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT)
- Department of Homeland Security
- DCF Guns
- Douglas County Regional SWAT Team
- Douglas County School District Transportation
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
- Elbert County Sheriff's Office
- Franktown Fire Department
- Greenwood Village Police Department
- HBS Trash Services
- Ludwig Drilling
- Office of Emergency Management Helicopter
- Schmidt Construction
- Smash My Trash
- Steam Carpet Cleaning
- Sunland Asphalt and Construction
- Town of Castle Rock Public Works
- Troop 261 (food stand)
- upTOP Overland
- U.S. Army trucks from Fort Carson
- Westside Towing
Additionally, Troop 261 and food trucks will be at the event with food/beverages for purchase. David Bloom from Stinkin' Good will also be on site to serve a variety of items as a fundraiser. All proceeds from Stinkin' Good will be given to the families of the two Castle View High School students who tragically died in a car crash in Aug. of 2022.
We are working hard to solidify this year's list of participants. Check back regularly for more updates.