- Town Government
- Parks and Recreation
- Parks, Open Space and Trails
- Butterfield Crossing Park
Butterfield Crossing Park
3952 W Butterfield Crossing Drive
Castle Rock, CO 80109
3952 W Butterfield Crossing Drive Castle Rock CO 80109
Phone 720-733-2260Emergency phone 911 On-call: 303-435-3345
Park Under Construction
Butterfield Crossing Park Grand Reopening
Being a superhero means believing anything is possible! Come explore the possibilities at the grand reopening of Butterfield Crossing Park from 5 to 8 p.m., Friday, June 9.
Join in the fun and be among the first to experience the sensory-rich, fully inclusive Possibilities Playground that allows all ages and ability levels to play, be challenged and have fun together. The marvelous event will feature a ribbon cutting by our own superheroes, inclusive crafts and activities, a dance performance by PerformAbility, adaptive sports demonstrations, a DJ, food trucks and much more.
When you visit the updated park, you will find new basketball and pickleball courts, enhanced gathering spaces and shade structures, improved accessibility and lighting, new walking paths and trail connections, an outdoor fitness course and the fully inclusive Possibilities Playground.
Make your plans now to come out and play — dress up as a superhero, have your face painted and try out the photo booth; meet the Chick-Fil-A Cow and your favorite superheroes like Batman, Captain America and Wonder Woman. When all of that makes the family hungry, check out the food trucks serving burgers, pizza, ice cream and more.
If you live nearby, please plan to walk or bike to the celebration if you are able. The park’s lots will be reserved this evening for ADA-accessible parking only. Overflow parking and rides to the event on the Town Trolley will be available at the Castle View High School back parking lot
Through partnerships with Meadows Metropolitan District No. 1 and Castle Rock Parks and Trails Foundation, the Town was able to achieve the community vision for the park. Thanks to the support of heroes like you, nearly $1.1 million was raised from our community to fund adaptive and inclusive play equipment to bring Possibilities Playground to life. Join with your neighbors to ensure that Possibilities Playground will reach its full potential by raising the last $200,000. Visit ColoradoGives.org to make your donation today.
- 30 Acres
- Adopted: Post Partners
- Multipurpose fields: for field information or to request a field, email Athletics
- Multiuse courts
- Outdoor pool: Butterfield Crossing Pool with splash pad
- Pavilion: reservable
- Playground: 5 to 12 years
- Restroom: permanent restrooms during season; portable restrooms during winter
- Synthetic turf multipurpose field: for field information or to request a field, email Athletics
- Tennis court
- Trails: paved
- Special comments: Butterfield Park project updates
|Number of People||Cost|
|1 to 49 people||$50 per 5-hour block|
|50 to 99 people||$100 per 5-hour block|
|100 to 150 people||$150 per 5-hour block|
|150+ people||Special events require a Town permit. Learn more about planning a special event. For questions on the application, call 720-724-2010 or email Parks.|
- Electricity: Yes
- Tables: Six rectangular (seats six to eight per table)
Pavilions are open for general use November through February. Rental requests will be accepted starting Feb. 15 of each year for March through October of that current year.
An approved alcohol permit allows for possession and consumption only; it does not allow for service or selling of alcohol. No glass containers are permitted. When requesting an alcohol permit, please request this in the comments section on the online request form. Approval will show on the rental confirmation.
Inflatable structures shall be inspected and will need to be anchored to the ground or other ballast by the industry's best standards. Before your event, contact the Fire Department at 303-660-1066 to schedule an inspection to verify if everything is anchored appropriately. Driving on grass or paths is prohibited and caution needs to be used to avoid sprinklers and irrigation during set up and tear down.
General Liability Insurance
The contractor will need a generator and insurance that additionally insures the Town:
- Minimum Coverage: $1,000,000
- Cancellation Period: 30 days
- Additionally Insured: Town of Castle Rock, its officers, officials and employees
- Requesting the park pavilion does not reserve the athletic field as well.
- All other park amenities may be used on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Gas grills are allowed, however, charcoal grills are not. Also, at times, Town fire restrictions may prohibit the use of all grills. Visit the Town's fire restrictions website for more information.