ADA Transition Plan
ADA self-evaluation and transition plan
The Town engaged with consulting firm Meeting the Challenge Inc. to complete an ADA self-evaluation and transition plan for the Town’s facilities and parks in early 2021. View the plan.
A transition plan is a listing of barriers and potential barriers to access. While Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act does not specifically require intervals at which a public entity must revisit and revise its transition plan, the regulation requires all new construction and alterations since Jan. 26, 1992, to adhere to ADA standards.
Starting in late 2019, the Town identified ADA-related policies and practices and analyzed whether they adversely affect the full participation of individuals with disabilities in Town programs, activities and services. Additionally, Town staff and the consultants examined each the Town's facilities to determine whether any physical barriers to program access exist.
The Town is now ready to proceed with modifications to its services, policies and practices per the plan. This page will be updated annually as progress toward achieving the plan is made.
As part of the transition plan process, the Town solicited public input in prioritizing these planned improvements:
- Police Department facility projects
- Projects at Butterfield Crossing, Plum Creek and Mitchell Gulch parks
- Town Hall, Castle Rock Water, Fire Station 151 (Downtown), Public Works Service Center, Central Service Center and Public Safety Training Facility facility projects
2022-2026 Parks and Recreation projects
Projects at the following Parks and Recreation facilities are planned to be prioritized in 2021 for implementation during the upcoming five-year financial-planning period:
- Castle Rock Recreation Center
- Miller Activity Complex
- Festival, Centennial, Castle Highlands, Bison, Deputy Zack S. Parrish, Baldwin, Founders, Wrangler, Paintbrush, Gemstone, Castle North, Matney, Quartz and Skyward parks
- Mitchell Creek Trail
- Community Garden at Glovers Park
- Fire Stations 152 (Crystal Valley), 153 (Founders Village), 154 (The Meadows) and 155 (Sapphire Pointe) and East Plum Creek Water Treatment Plant facility projects
2027 and beyond Parks and Recreation projects
Projects at the following Parks and Recreation facilities are planned to be prioritized in the future for implementation in 2027 and beyond:
- East Plum Creek, McMurdo Gulch, Native Legend and Sellars Gulch trail projects
- Burgess Pool
- Philip S. Miller, Plum Creek and Gilbert, Rock and Triangle parks
- Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course
- The Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park