Give one last holiday gift to the environment by taking your live Christmas tree to one of three participating parks or the Douglas County Fairgrounds. Trees are then turned into mulch, which is made available to the public for pickup at the fairgrounds. The Christmas Tree Recycling program is a part of the Town's overall Project Green environmental initiative.
Monday, Dec. 26, through Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2023
- Founders Park, 4671 Enderud Blvd.
- Metzler Ranch Park, 4175 Trail Boss Drive
- Paintbrush Park, 3492 Meadows Blvd.
- Douglas County Fairgrounds, 500 Fairgrounds Road, for tree drop off and mulch pick up
- Christmas trees only, no wreaths or garland
- No yard or clean-up debris
- Remove all lights and ornaments
- Remove tree from stand
- Remove plastic wrap or bag from tree
- Remove nails, bolts or wire from tree
For nearly two decades, the Park Operations and Maintenance division has recycled Christmas trees for Castle Rock residents. Thanks to resident participation, 2021 marked our highest number of trees recycled with 1,738 trees turned into mulch. The mulch is used in Town-owned parks and other landscaped areas.
Beginning in April, mulch is also available to residents on a first-come, first-served basis through Oct. 31. The mulch can be picked up on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Douglas County slash-mulch site at 1400 Caprice Drive.