Pie Bake Off
It’s that festive time of year where families gather around to enjoy good company, hearty food, and most importantly, pie! Do you have what it takes to rise to the occasion? Don’t be afraid to take whisks in the Town’s pie baking competition.
The pie bake-off is open to all bakers. There will be two categories for judging: fruit and non-fruit pies, as well as a youth category. Pies will be assessed based on appearance, crust, filling, and overall flavor and taste. Don’t have baking skills? No worries! Come to the competition free of charge and try the pies by the slice.
Saturday, Nov. 5
The Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park
1381 W. Plum Creek Parkway
Doors open at 10:30 a.m.
Judging begins at 11 a.m.
Event ends at 1 p.m., depending on how many entries there are.
There is a $30 entry fee and the event will be limited to 25 adult (16+) and 25 youth (up to age 15 at time of contest) contestants.
- One entry per person
- Each entry must include two pies: one for the judges and one for general consumption
- Entries must be in the name of the person who baked the pie
- Entries must include a full typed recipe with a list of ingredients and directions
- Pies must be brought in disposable bakeware
- Special handling, i.e. refrigeration and heating, is not allowed after a pie has been dropped off
- Final pies may not contain raw or uncooked eggs
- Official contest ruling in regards to eligibility will be final
- Please bring two identical pies to the Millhouse at Philip S. Miller Park between 10:30 and 11 a.m.
- Judging will begin at 11 a.m.
- All pies will be available for tasting.
- Winners will be asked to have their photograph taken and a copy of winning recipes may be used in publications