Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- We have grocery stores that are incredibly crowded due to an incredibly minuscule amount of stores for the population. Is there large retail space at the new Dawson trails area?
- Are there plans to have EV chargers installed at current and future gas stations and convenience stores?
- What’s the latest on the Young American Planned development?
- Is the ice rink being removed from downtown? (Full question posted in the response.)
- What are the height restrictions for buildings in Downtown?
- If the town approves The View, an enormous apartment complex in north downtown, will there be an improvement made to the intersection of Wilcox and Eighth st?
- I read the town is deciding how to use pandemic money from the Fed. Would they consider using this to build affordable housing for our workforce? It’s getting very expensive for them to live here.
- How much in annual revenue does the Town’s sales tax on food produce?
- Can grocery tax revenue be used to help fund renewable water?
- Mitchell Gulch Park renovations were anticipated to be done by end of summer 2023. Do we have an updated expected date of completion?
- Does it still cost $600 an hour to use the Millhouse for an event?
- Is a new park being planned somewhere along Gilbert Street or is a new name being considered for Centennial Park?
- Where are all the public bike racks (for securing bikes) in Castle Rock located? As a very bike friendly state, why is there no map for this on our town website?
- Are there plans to widen Prairie Hawk north of Wolfensberger? Or possibly to add a left turn lane from northbound Prairie Hawk into Academy Charter School?
- Some time ago I read where the town administration was creating a truck routing system requiring large trucks to use only certain streets or roads.
- Can we have a rain barrel on our property to collect rain water and/or sump pump discharge water? I thought rain barrels were legal in Colorado but have heard conflicting opinions locally.
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?