- Town Topics
- Fact or Fiction?
Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us, or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- We have grocery stores that are incredibly crowded due to an incredibly minuscule amount of stores for the population. Is there large retail space at the new Dawson trails area?
- Are there plans to have EV chargers installed at current and future gas stations and convenience stores?
- What’s the latest on the Young American Planned development?
- If the town approves The View, an enormous apartment complex in north downtown, will there be an improvement made to the intersection of Wilcox and Eighth st?
- Is it true that the block with the B&B cafe has been bought out by developers and has plans to be redeveloped as a high rise? What other high-rises are in the works for downtown?
- I heard that the Emporium and the Barn are being turned into apartments. Is that true?
- I read the town is deciding how to use pandemic money from the Fed. Would they consider using this to build affordable housing for our workforce? It’s getting very expensive for them to live here.
- How much in annual revenue does the Town’s sales tax on food produce?
- Can grocery tax revenue be used to help fund renewable water?
- Some time ago I read where the town administration was creating a truck routing system requiring large trucks to use only certain streets or roads.
- Can you help me out with a reference in the Town Code regarding the pedestrian warning lights such as those on Wilcox Street in the Downtown area?
- Why are the striping on the roads not reflective?
- Can we have a rain barrel on our property to collect rain water and/or sump pump discharge water? I thought rain barrels were legal in Colorado but have heard conflicting opinions locally.
- Will pharmaceuticals (birth control, hormones, etc.) and other chemicals and organic material (such as blood) be extracted from our drinking water with advanced treatment?
- Will the cost of our water go down with the implementation of water reuse, or should we expect costs to remain steady?
- Are some varieties of trees prohibited in Castle Rock?
- Are there any requirements on what kind of trees developers are required to plant? Or seems like there are too many deciduous trees and not many native ponderosas which really define our town. Could
- Do you need to be a Castle Rock resident to be on one of the city boards (such as the art commission)?