Other Services

We know there are some services you might be looking for that are not provided by the Town of Castle Rock. Here are a few links to some of these services.


Streetlights (not traffic signals)

With the exception of a few streetlights Downtown, CORE Electric Cooperative maintains all the Town's streetlights; call them at 303-688-3100 to report a burned-out streetlight, or report the outage online. CORE will require an address where the streetlight is located, so make sure you have that information.

Trash removal and recycling services

The Town does not provide trash removal or recycling services. Neighborhoods with homeowners associations may provide trash removal through the HOA. Those in areas without an HOA must obtain individual service.

Trash providers that serve the area include Haulaway and Waste Management.

There are several landfill locations in the region. Or, check out other clean-up resources.

Chemical disposal

Douglas County offers household waste management services.

Electronic and computer recycling

The Colorado State Department of Health and Environment has information about electronic and computer recycling.


A community recycling center operates from 10 a.m. to noon every Saturday at 701 Prairie Hawk Drive. Learn more.

The Colorado Association for Recycling has helpful links to recycling services. There is also an A to Z Recycle Guide on Douglas County's website.

Tree and yard debris

The Douglas County Slash / Mulch site accepts tree branches and shrubbery on Saturdays from May through October. Acceptable items include tree branches and shrubbery with a maximum length of 6 feet and a maximum diameter of 12 inches. All loads must be covered when they arrive.

Services provided by Douglas County or the State of Colorado