The Town of Castle Rock is pleased to announce that the Police Department has created a safe online transaction zone.
The safe transaction zone was designed to help protect our citizens as robberies, thefts, and scams become more prevalent with online transaction sites. Citizens are encouraged to use the public areas of the Police facility, which are well lit and monitored by cameras, as a place to meet and conduct their transactions.
While the Police Department encourages the use of the safe transaction zone, Police personnel may not participate or act as official witnesses in the transaction. Employees are not available for legal advice or allowed to settle disputes between parties involved in transactions occurring in the facility.
Please note the Police facility is not available for transactions involving weapons of any type, or drugs and drug paraphernalia regardless of legalization laws.
The Castle Rock Police Department is located at 100 Perry Street Castle Rock, CO 80104. The interior lobby is available as a safe transaction zone during the business hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday. Our vestibule may also be used for transactions. It is available 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.
If people are unable to make it to the Police Department, we suggest conducting transactions in a public place such as a grocery store.
The Police Department sees this program as another way to partner with our community to increase the safety of our citizens. In addition to using our safe transaction zone the Police Department offers the following safety tips for completing online transactions:
• Only do transactions with local buyers/sellers
• Don’t go to a transaction alone
• Make sure a friend or family member is aware of the transaction details
• Insist on meeting in a public area like our safe transaction zones
• Don’t go into someone else’s house, and don’t allow them into yours
• Complete the transaction during daylight hours
• Be extra cautious when buying or selling valuable items such as vehicles and jewelry
• Only use cash or money orders to complete your transactions
• Trust your instincts, if it sounds like a scam it probably is
If somebody is not willing to come to the Police Department’s safe online transaction zone to do a transaction it is probably not a legitimate transaction.