Scout Award Projects
The POST Partners Program offers opportunities for scouts wishing to complete a project towards an award or rank advancement. Scouts must be at least 15 years old at time of application, and a minimum of 6-months away from turning 18, in order to be considered for a project.
Each scout must follow these required steps prior to starting work with the Town of Castle Rock POST Partners Program:
- Meet with Town of Castle Rock POST Partners Program Coordinator
- Project approval by the Town of Castle Rock POST Partners Program Coordinator
- Submit a scout application (PDF)
- Submit a statement of commitment (PDF)
- Submit the following Service Documents:
• Project Proposal
• Project Plan
- Conduct site visits
Upon project completion, rosters and waivers are required to be submitted along with a final project write-up. Project write-ups must include a final material list and costs.
These suggested projects are dependent on availability and approval from the Town of Castle Rock's POST Partners Program Coordinator and the Parks Department. Contact the Program Coordinator for approval before starting your project write-up.
• Construction and installation of two or more split-log benches
• Construction and installation of Raptor Perches
• Colorado Bluebird Project
• Build nest boxes
• Install predator guards
• Install snake guards
• Construction and installation of American Kestrel boxes
• Miscellaneous improvements at the Castle Rock Community Garden at Glover Park
Have your own idea? Contact us for project approval.
Supporting the scouts
The POST Partners Program has a long history of providing support to the Boy Scouts of America in their pursuit of the rank of Life or Eagle Scouts. Check out what value Scouts have added to the community.
David Mekelburg - Troop 780
Boy Scout David Mekelburg with Troop 780 constructed and installed two American Kestrel nest boxes at Memmen Ridge Open Space and Castle Rock Recreation Center. These boxes will help our American Kestrel population thrive.
Sean Sullivan - Troop 261
Boy Scout Sean Sullivan with Troop 261 prepared and installed eight landscaping steps at the Public Safety Training Building. Installation of these steps ensures safe access from building to sidewalk.
Skyler Call - Troop 261
Boy Scout Skyler Call with Troop 261 constructed and installed two bat boxes at Paintbrush Park. This project will help the bat population in Castle Rock.
Stephen Zukowski - Troop 780
Boy Scout Stephen Zukowski with Troop 780 implemented and installed color coded loops with plaques and flexible marker posts at Ridgeline Open Space. Project included removing 48 old plaques, installing 50 new plaques on existing 14 posts and installing color coded stickers on 32 flexible marker posts along the 9.5 mile Stewart Trail. In addition, the Parks Department will be installing six new way finder maps and four new kiosk maps in 2020-2021.
- Troop 62
- Troop 260
- Troop 261
- Troop 316
- Troop 332
- Troop 365 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Troop 451
- Troop 465
- Troop 633
- Troop 637
- Troop 638
- Troop 760 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Troop 764
- Troop 765
- Troop 768
- Troop 780
- Troop 790 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Contributing to the community
Since 2006, the Town has worked with over 100 Boy Scouts whose projects have made the following contributions to Castle Rock:
|• American Kestrel nest boxes||• Mural design and painting|
|• Bat house construction and installation||• Open space signage construction and improvements|
|• Colorado Bluebird Project nest box construction and monitoring||• Picnic benches|
|• Creek trash clean up after flooding event||• Rock cairn construction|
|• Fitness route creation and mapping||• Split log benches|
|• Golf course tee boxes||• Tile painting and installation|
|• Landscaping improvements||• Trail creation and restoration|
|• Landscape steps||• Water crossings and bridge construction|