Life and Eagle Scout Projects
POST Partners Program offers opportunities for Boy Scouts wishing to complete a project toward the rank of Eagle or Life Scout. Interested individuals must complete an Eagle and Life Scout application. Scouts must be at least 15 years old at time of application and a minimum of 120 days away from turning 18 in order to be considered for a project.
After a Boy Scout has met and received project approval from the POST Partners Volunteer Coordinator, the individual is required to complete and submit a statement of commitment and Eagle Project write-up for approval. The POST Partners volunteer coordinator will schedule a meeting with the applicant and will review the Eagle Scout program packet. Upon project completion, rosters and waivers are required to be submitted along with a final project write-up. Project write-ups must include a final material list and costs.
Required steps by Scout
- Meet with Town of Castle Rock POST Partners Program Coordinator
- Project approval by Town of Castle Rock POST Partners Program Coordinator
- Eagle and Life Scout Application
- Statement of Commitment
- Agree to Town of Castle Rock POST Partners Program Paperwork Checklist
- Submit a BSA Write-Up proposal for approval
- Conduct site visits
Project list below is dependent upon availability and approval from Town of Castle Rock POST Partners Program Volunteer Coordinator and Park Department. Contact volunteer coordinator with any questions and approval before starting your BSA write up.
- Construction and installation of 2 split-log benches
- Construction and installation of Raptor Perches
- Construction of staircase at Rhyolite Regional Dirt Bike Park
- Colorado Bluebird Program project updates
- Castle Rock Community Garden at Glover Park - Decorative planters, or brick edging installation.
Have your own idea? Contact us for project approval.
Supporting the scouts
The POST Partners Program has a long history of providing support to the Boy Scouts of America in their pursuit of the rank of Life or Eagle Scouts. Check out what value Scouts have added to the community below.
Boy Scout David Mekelburg with Troop 780 constructed and installed 2 American Kestrel Nest Boxes at Memmen Ridge Open Space and Castle Rock Recreation Center. These boxes will help our American Kestrel population thrive.
Boy Scout Sean Sullivan with Troop 261 prepared and installed 8 landscaping steps at the Public Safety Training Building. Installation of these steps ensures safe access from building to sidewalk.
Boy Scout Skyler Call with Troop 261 constructed and installed 2 bat boxes at Paintbrush Park. This project will help the Bat population in Castle Rock.
Boy Scout Stephen Zukowski with Troop 780 Implemented and installed color coded loops with plaques and flexible marker posts at Ridgeline Open Space. Project included removing 48 old plaques, installing 50 new plaques on existing 14 posts and installing color coded stickers on 32 flexible marker posts along the 9.5 mile Stewart Trail. In addition, the Parks Department will be installing 6 new way finder maps and 4 new kiosk maps in 2020-2021.
- Troop 62
- Troop 260
- Troop 261
- Troop 316
- Troop 332 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Troop 365
- Troop 451
- Troop 465
- Troop 633
- Troop 637 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Troop 760
- Troop 764
- Troop 765
- Troop 768
- Troop 780 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Contributing to the community
Since 2006, the Town has worked with more than 80 Boy Scouts whose projects have made the following contributions to Castle Rock:
- American Kestrel Nest Boxes
- Landscape Steps
- Bat house construction and installation
- Colorado Bluebird Project nest-box construction and monitoring
- Creek trash clean-up after flooding event
- Fitness route creation and mapping
- Golf course tee boxes
- Landscaping improvements
- Mural design and painting
- Open space signage construction and improvements
- Picnic benches
- Rock cairn construction
- Split log benches
- Tile painting and installation
- Trail creation and restoration
- Water crossings and bridge construction