Chat with your Town Council representatives and learn what’s happening in Castle Rock at a series of upcoming open houses. Each open house will run from 4 to 6 p.m. We invite you to stop in anytime.
Dates and locations are as follows:
- Tuesday, Aug. 29, Fire Station 153, 5463 E. Sovereign St., hosted by District 5 Councilmember Max Brooks
- Wednesday, Sept. 20, Cantril School, 312 Cantril St., hosted by District 4 Councilmember Desiree LaFleur
- Tuesday, Sept. 26, The Oaks at Plum Creek, 321 Players Club Drive, hosted by District 6 Councilmember Tim Dietz
- Tuesday, Oct. 24, The Grange, 3692 Meadows Blvd., hosted by District 1 Councilmember Ryan Hollingshead and Mayor Pro Tem/District 3 Councilmember Kevin Bracken
- Monday, Oct. 30, Fire Station 155, 3833 Crowfoot Valley Road, hosted by District 2 Councilmember Laura Cavey
Town Council is the legislative body of our Town government.
Town Council consists of six Councilmembers, each of whom is elected from the district in which they reside to serve four-year overlapping terms, and a Mayor elected at-large.
Elections are held in November of even-numbered years, and Council seats are up for election on an alternating basis. Councilmember terms are limited to two consecutive four-year terms.
- Districts 3 and 5, as well as the Mayor, were elected in November 2022
- Districts 1, 2, 4 and 6 were elected in November 2020
Councilmembers elected in the November election take office at the first regular meeting scheduled in December.
At this organizational meeting of Council, one of its members is elected as Mayor Pro Tem by a majority vote. The Mayor Pro Tem is elected every two years.
The Mayor presides at Council meetings and is recognized as the head of the Town government for all ceremonial and legal purposes. The Mayor has the same powers and responsibilities as a Councilmember. The Mayor Pro Tem performs duties and has the powers of the Mayor when the Mayor is unavailable.
Additionally, members of Town Council serve and represent the Town on numerous local, county and regional committees and boards.