Our team is charged with protecting the community during development and providing a safe and enjoyable living environment for Castle Rock. We ensure all buildings are structurally sound, safe and comply with building code requirements.
Scheduling an inspection
- Through eTRAKiT: eTrakiT inspection requests can be made up to 6:30 a.m. on any business day in order to be inspected the same day. Inspections are not performed on weekends.
- Through our inspection hotline: Call 303-660-1341 to schedule an inspection. Inspection requests received by 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled the next business day. Requests received after 3:30 p.m. will be scheduled two business days later. Please note, you will not receive a confirmation call.
Due to the volume of inspections, we regret the Town does not schedule specific inspection times. Job sites are to be open and available for inspection from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., with the building permit and plans posted and available.
Inspectors cannot enter an occupied home without a person 18 years or older present. We also require posted permission to enter yards if applicable.
- After Hours Inspections (PDF)
- AM PM Inspections (PDF)
- Failed Inspections (PDF)
- Homeowner or contractor availability for inspections of occupied homes (PDF)
- Ladder Requirements (PDF)
- Mid Roof and Final Roof Same Day Inspections (PDF)
- Missed Mid Roof Correction Options (PDF)
- Roof Repair Policy (PDF)
- Space Decking on Roofs (PDF)
- Working Without Permit or Contractor Registration (PDF)
Canceling an inspection
To cancel a scheduled inspection, call 720-733-3527 between 7:30 and 8 a.m. the day of the scheduled inspection.
For more information, please call 720-733-3527 or email the Building Division.