- Town Government
- Parks and Recreation
- Cruisers Swim Team
Cruisers Swim Team
About the team
The Castle Rock Cruisers Swim Team provides an opportunity for young swimmers to be involved with a recreational swim team. Practice sessions involve development of the four competitive strokes, flip turns and starts.
Cruisers has two teams, Cruisers East and Cruisers West. Practices are divided by age and ability level.
Information and requirements
- Ages: 5 to 18 as of June 1, 2023
- Season dates: May 15 through July 22
- Prerequisites: All swimmers must be able to swim one full length of the pool using either freestyle or backstroke without stopping. There will be no exceptions to this requirement.
- There is a mandatory parent information meeting at the Recreation Center on Tuesday, May 2, from 7 to 7:30 p.m. for returning families and from 7 to 8:30 p.m. for new parents. There are also mandatory new parent and swimmer informational meetings at Butterfield Crossing Pool.
- Cruisers West: Tuesday, May 16, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Cruisers East: Wednesday, May 17, 6 to 7 p.m.
Swimmers will be placed in practice groups based on demonstrated abilities the first week of practice. All practices will be held at Butterfield Crossing (Cruisers West) or the Recreation Center/Butterfield Crossing (Cruisers East). Practices are divided by age and ability and the times mentioned below represent the total reserved time for the team. Parents will sign their children up for a practice session of 30 to 90 minutes, depending on the training group their swimmer is assigned to.
- Monday through Thursday
2:30 to 7 p.m.
- Monday through Friday
7 to 9:30 a.m.
- Dual meets: June 3, 10, 17, 24 and July 8
- Prelims: July 10 to 12 - age groups to be determined
- Championships: July 15
- All Stars: July 22
Online registration will begin on April 3. Begin registration at CRgov.com/Registration. Upon completion, you will be directed to click on a link to register on the Cruisers Team website. Contact Beth at Cruisers@CRgov.com if you do not receive a confirmation email within 48 hours. Walk-in registration, suit try on and t-shirt pick up will be 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on April 15 at the Recreation Center. Please bring proof of registration.