Tri the Rock
It’s waiting for you ... all you have to do is try!
Come for a day of fun, food, prizes and sports. This annual youth triathlon is for young athletes ages five to 18. From kids who have never even heard of a triathlon to seasoned competitive triathletes, Tri the Rock encourages kids to get out and give it a try.
Rescheduled 2020 date
Sunday, Sept. 13
COVID-19 update: We appreciate your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times. Staff will take all necessary precautions to ensure a safe and fun event. All current health guidelines will be closely followed. The bike rack area will open at 6 a.m. for all racers in the 7-18 age groups. This transition area will be closed at 7:15 a.m. to prepare for the first race.
Registration a packet pick up
Registration is open. The first 100 registered will receive the commemorative Tri the Rock beanie at the packet pick up. Packet pick up will be at the Castle Rock Recreation Center on Sept. 12 from noon to 2 p.m.
15-18 years old
New age group this year!
- 7:30 a.m. start time
- 100-meter swim (four pool lengths, down and back twice)
- 16-kilometer bike ride
- 3-mile run
5-6 years old
- 25-meter swim (one pool length)
- 1-kilometer bike ride (one lap around Butterfield Park) - course map (PDF)
- 500-meter run - course map (PDF)
- The 5- and 6-year-old age group will begin once all of the other age groups are complete (times are estimated)
- Please be at the race site for check in by 10 a.m.
- The bike racks open at approximately 10 a.m. for all 5- and 6-year-old racers
- These time are estimates and start times may be later based on the finish of the earlier racers