Climb4Change - May 11, 2019
Climb4Change is a unique racing event that raises money and awareness for the Town of Castle Rock’s Adaptive Recreation program. Volunteers, businesses, and families with children with cognitive and physical disabilities band together for the race up the 200-step Challenge Hill built into the side of a mountain at Philip S. Miller Park.
Participants ascend 178 feet as they climb to make a positive impact on the community. Since Climb4Change’s inception, program registration has increased 70 percent and the event has raised thousands of dollars to ensure everyone in the community has access to recreational opportunities. Funds raised at the Climb4Change fundraiser are used to provide scholarships, to purchase adaptive equipment, and to provide access to a wide variety of activities in a safe, respectful, and ability-focused environment.
2019 Results! Thanks to everyone who participated.
Follow this link to a photo gallery of our 2019 event.
There are five different events to choose from:
- Race to the Top - one time, that’s it! Can you beat the course record?
- Trail Race - up the stairs, down the trail. You’ve got 30 minutes.
- ClimbNRun 5K - Climb the stairs, down the switchbacks, and run the trail!
- Power Hour - up and down, up and down, up and down … for 60 minutes!
- - this untimed event allows you to support adaptive recreation in a non-competitive way. Once up the stairs and down the trail includes shirt and medal. This can be done at any time during the event, except at the start of any of the above races.
Saturday, May 11, 2019
Registration includes professional chip timing, a finisher medal, T-shirt, prizes and a race like none other! Coffee, food and a live DJ will be on site for a festive atmosphere.
Early Packet Pickup: If you are able to take advantage of our early packet pickup, this is a great way to avoid any line the day of.
- Where and When: RNK (Running and Walking) in Parker May 8 - 10, 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.. 13019 S Parker Rd, Parker, CO 80134.
Day of Packet Pickup: You can also pick up your packet the day of at our Registration table at the bottom of the Challenge Hill at Philip S. Miller Park.
|Race Day Schedule|
|7 a.m.||Onsite packet pick up and registration|
|8 a.m.||Power Hour begins|
|9:25 a.m.||Trail Race begins|
|10:15 a.m.||New ClimbNRun 5k|
|11 a.m.||Race to the Top begins|
|11:30 a.m.||Run4Fun - official start time but can be done at anytime|
|Race to the Top||Trail Race||ClimbNRun
(January through March 15)
|Better late than never*
(March 16-April 30)
|Wait! I'm coming...*
(May 1-race day)
|*additional registration fees apply
**Run4Fun is an untimed event
available for Run4Fun
Contact the Race Director for more information.
- Receive a free entry into any Climb4Change event by becoming an individual or corporate race sponsor.
- Every finisher receives a medal and t-shirt.
- Register by April 15 to guarantee your t-shirt sizes.
- Children under 5 are free (does not include T-shirt or medal, but they can be purchased for $10)
Interested in becoming a partner?
We offer several levels of sponsorship outlined in our sponsorship packet. Please contact Rebecca Erickson for more information.
It's about changing perception
Providing recreation and leisure opportunities for individuals with disabilities - that's the goal of Castle Rock Parks and Recreation's Adaptive Recreation program. Help support this worthy cause at the Climb4Change. The event is open to all, regardless of physical, athletic, or intellectual ability.