Be a part of the change!
Climb4Change is a unique racing event that offers various timed races on the 200-step Challenge Hill at Philip S. Miller Park. Participants ascend 178 feet at least once in any one of the four climb challenges. There is also a non-timed fun run / walk that families can enjoy together on their own anywhere in the park.
Proceeds from this event are used to provide scholarships, purchase adaptive equipment, and provide access to a wide variety of activities for adults and children with cognitive and physical disabilities.
Learn more about the Town's Adaptive Recreation Program.
Saturday, May 22, 2021
6:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Please note, guidelines will be in place per current State and health requirements. Read more about our Event Day COVID-19 Protocol (PDF).
There are five different events to choose from:
- Power Hour - Up and down the stairs as many times as you can for 60 minutes! Three start hours to choose from.
- ClimbNRun 5K / 10K - Climb the stairs, down the switchbacks, and run the trail! Pick your distance.
- Trail Reps - up the stairs, down the trail, and repeat! You’ve got 30 minutes.
- Race to the Top - one time, that’s it! Can you beat the course record?
- Run4Fun - Don’t feel like climbing? Walk, jog or run anywhere on the trails on your own. This non-timed event does not include a unique medal. This can be done at any time during the event away from the official start area.
Registration includes professional chip timing, a finisher medal, T-shirt, prizes and a race like none other! Coffee, food and a live DJ will be on site for a festive atmosphere.
Early packet pickup
- We encourage everyone to take advantage of our early packet pickup.
- RNK (Running and Walking) *Now in Castle Rock!
- Friday, May 17 through Friday, May 21 anytime during store hours
RNK Running & Walking
440 Fourth St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Day of packet pickup
Though we hope most participants will pick up at the store, pick-up will be available on site at the RNK tent. Please wear masks and maintain social distancing.
|Power Hour||Trail Reps||CimbNRun 5K||Race to|
(January through March 31)
|Better late than never (April 1-30)||$40||$40||$35||$30||$35||$20|
(After April 30)
All climbing event participants will receive a unique medal and an event T-shirt. Register by April 16 to guarantee shirt size! Children under 5 are free (does not include T-shirt or medal). *Run4Fun is not a timed event (participants will receive T-shirt only).
Everyone present including children must be registered, as we will be tracking attendance.
**Virtual Climb T-shirt and medal can be picked up at MAC facility or can be mailed (U.S. only) post-event.
|Race Day Schedule|
|7 a.m.||"Early Eagle" Power Hour No. 1|
|8:30 a.m.||ClimbNRun 5K / 10K|
|9 a.m.||Trail Reps|
|10 a.m.||"Perfect 10" Power Hour No. 2|
|11:30 a.m.||Race to the Top|
|12 p.m.||"Power Lunch" Power Hour No. 3|
Avoid the climb, run the trail on your own while still helping the cause.
*Please complete after the last climbing event
While registration includes a finisher medal, T-shirt and prizes, event items will be available for purchase while supplies last. Proceeds benefit the Adaptive Recreation program.
- Hoodie - $32
- T-shirts - $16
- Medals - $12
Event parking will be available at Philip S. Miller Park. However, the lot adjacent to the Miller Activity Complex will be reserved for MAC patrons.
Contact the Race Director for more information.