- Castle Rock Water
- Landscape Forms
Landscape Information and Forms
Landscape professionals are required to follow the Town's Water Use Management Plan and Landscape and Irrigation Criteria Manual (PDF) which outlines the policies, procedures, performance standards and minimum criteria. The criteria provide comprehensive water-efficient design, installation and maintenance standards in a manner that balances quality of life with the overall responsibilities of the Town as a water provider. (Individual residents are not held to this code.)
In Castle Rock, water conservation and landscaping work hand-in-hand. To this end, these forms and standards are part of the
comprehensive Water Use Management Plan (PDF), which outlines the steps necessary for effective demand management and water efficiency.
This section will give you the information needed to design, build and maintain a quality landscape and efficient irrigation system. The following are forms and other information required for landscape/irrigation projects:
Non-Residential Irrigation Forms
- Hydraulic Worksheet (XLS) - Required for irrigation plan review.
- Irrigation Chart (XLS) - Required for irrigation plan review.
- Irrigation Details (PDF) - Details for irrigation plans required for irrigation plan review.
- Landscape and Irrigation Inspection Request - Please call our Water Conservation Division at 720-733-2306 to request a landscape and irrigation inspection.
- Temporary Irrigation Exemption Application - Non-residential (Online Form) - Completed by a developer or landscape professional for each property needing daily watering when new sod/seed or other plant material has been installed. A soil inspection is required prior to installation of new plant material. Please note: Exemptions will not be issued or applicable in the month of July.
Non-Residential Landscape Forms
- Commercial Landscape Site Inventory (PDF) - Commercial landscape plan review. Required for Plan Review.
- Composite landscape water use rating (CLWUR) (PDF) - Required for plan review. For more information, visit Castle Rock Municipal Code Chapter 13.20 Irrigated Public Area.
- Landscape Details (PDF) - Tree and shrub planting details - Required for plan review of construction documents.
- Multifamily Landscape Site Inventory (PDF) - Multifamily landscape plan review. Required for plan review.
- Plant List (PDF) - Approved plant list for the Town of Castle Rock.
- Plant Schedule (PDF) - Landscape plan review. Required for plan review.
- Registration of Landscape Professional (Online Form) - Industry professionals, including designers, installers and maintenance contractors, performing non-residential/commercial landscape or irrigation work within Town limits are required to be registered.
View a list of registered landscapers (PDF).
- Landscape and Irrigation Inspection Request (Online Form) - A landscape and irrigation inspection is required to meet water efficiency criteria as identified in specific builder/developer agreements. Please review checklist (PDF) prior to inspection.
- Landscape and Irrigation Submittal Forms (PDF) - This package contains landscape and irrigation forms required for builder models and custom home submittals.
- Residential Irrigation Chart (XLS) - This form should only be used for residential irrigation in conjunction with the Residential Fixture Unit Calculation (PDF).
- Temporary Irrigation Exemption Application- Residential (Online Form) - Completed by the homebuilder or homeowner for property needing a daily watering permit when new seed / sod has been installed. Please note: Exemptions will not be issued or applicable in the month of July.
- Turf Grass Varieties (PDF) - Recommended low-water use turf grass varieties.