Fire restrictions implemented due to dry weather conditions
Because of unseasonably dry weather conditions, the Town is implementing Stage 1 fire restrictions.
Under Stage 1 restrictions, there shall be no:
- Open burning of any kind except in developed or residential areas on private property
- Use and sale of fireworks
Fireplaces within buildings are allowed. Also allowed under the restrictions are:
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas stoves
- Charcoal grill fires within developed residential or commercial areas and fires within wood-burning stoves
- Chimineas, fire pits and charcoal smokers on private property away from combustibles
- Professional fireworks displays
- Fire suppression or Fire Department training fires
- Tiki torches and small recreational fires at developed picnic or campground sites. (Flames cannot exceed 4 feet in length and must be supervised by a responsible person who is at least 21 years old.)
People found to be in violation of these restrictions are subject to punishment of a $1,000 fine, 180 days in jail or both.
Inquiries regarding the current status of fire restrictions in Town can be directed to the Fire Chief’s Office, 303-660-1066.