Play, learn and explore at Small Fry Field Day – Aug. 21
If you’re wondering what the Town has to offer your littlest family members, join us for Small Fry Field Day to find out. This family friendly event is designed to introduce parents and children ages 1 through 5, to the wide selection of programs Parks and Recreation will be offering this fall.
Enjoy this interactive learning fair from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 21, at the Miller Activity Complex at Philip S. Miller Park. Explore different booths and guide your children through hands-on activities that will be set up on the indoor turf fields. This event is free to the public and requires no registration.
The 2019 Small Fry Field Day will include everything from the Town’s Adventure Club Preschool to local art programs, Spanish classes, a variety of fitness activities and more.
For a sneak peek of some of the programming, check out the list of vendors below:
- Adventure Club Preschool - These classes offer a secure, enriching and nurturing environment where children are able to establish the solid educational foundations they need to be successful in future academic and social endeavors. Learn more at CRgov.com/AdventureClub.
- Aquatics - The Town’s Learn to Swim program strives to open the door to a lifetime of opportunities in water through progressive instruction in a group or private setting, with year-round offerings. Learn more at CRgov.com/Aquatics.
- Strider - Strider bike classes allow children to concentrate on the fundamental skills of balancing, leaning and steering while propelling the bike in a natural way.
- Fitness - Learn about keeping your whole family fit, from mommy and me classes to yoga for kids. Lean more at CRgov.com/Fitness.
- Soccer Buddies - Expert coaches use soccer as a tool to teach confidence, perseverance and teamwork – core values that will help your child thrive in any situation.
- My Gym - A children’s program that lets kids have fun in a physically engaging environment.
- Logical Hearts - Love and Logic is a parenting philosophy/approach that provides practical tools and techniques to help parents and caregivers achieve respectful, healthy relationships with their kids.
- Kidzart - In KidzArt students will build self-confidence, become creative problem solvers, exercise their creative muscles and learn how to draw.
- Inspire to Learn and Imagine - This class focuses on reinforcing kids’ knowledge of colors, shapes, letters, numbers and vocabulary, while incorporating building with various building blocks, exciting crafty and scientific activities, and playing games.
- Kid2Kidlit - Kid2Kidlit teaches reading and writing. Classes include storytelling, idea generation and guided time to write with coaching support.
- Dance Exploration - Creative dance classes are designed as an interactive playtime to introduce dance and movement to preschool-aged children.
- Spanish Enrichment Inc.- The best time to expose your children to another language is during the early years. These fun and interactive Spanish classes will introduce your little one to the Spanish language and culture with a native-speaking teacher.
- Denver Behavior Consultants - This group presents a fun way to learn about social dynamics through instruction, team activities, group discussion, games, movement, role-play and other activities.