Our community is ever-changing, but maintaining levels of service is always a top priority. That’s certainly true with the Town’s Parks and Recreation Department. The department wants residents to know, whatever changes in the community, the parks, trails and open space they’ve grown accustom to, are here to stay.
The Parks and Recreation Department is seeking feedback for its draft 2018-2020 Parks and Recreation Strategic Plan. The goal of the plan is to highlight aspects of parks and recreation that need attention and help drive the budget process related to parks and recreation services for the next three years. The main focus is on administration and planning for parks, trails and open space; recreation; maintenance and operations; and golf.
Several plan highlights include:
- Working to provide residents access for trails, canoeing and kayaking at Rueter-Hess Reservoir
- Extending the East Plum Creek Trail nearly 2 miles to Crystal Valley Parkway
- Implementing a new summer adventure-based camp for elementary and middle school children
- Continuing golf course and infrastructure improvements at Red Hawk Ridge Golf Course
- Completing a study to determine the future for public parks and indoor recreation facilities in Castle Rock
- Developing a new park adjacent to Aspen View Academy
We want to hear from you
Tell us what you think! Review the entire plan, and submit feedback, at CRgov.com/parksplan. Comment forms will be available through Wednesday, March 14.
In-person appointments are also available on a first-come first-served basis. Stop by to discuss details of the plan with staff. Open office hours will be from 1 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 7 and Wednesday, March 14. Please contact Maia Aman at 720-724-2095 if you'd like to make an appointment.
The department is planning to incorporate resident’s feedback for a Town Council presentation this spring. Find out more about the process, and sign up for email updates at CRgov.com/parksplan.
Town of Castle Rock Parks and Recreation