Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
If you’re looking for the perfect place for your pumpkins to play during fall break, the Town has you covered with a variety of youth camps hosted by Parks and Recreation. Running from Monday, Oct. 14 through Friday, Oct. 18, the Town’s fall break camps are a great way to keep kids busy while school is out.
A full list of fall camp offerings, locations, times and prices can be found at CRgov.com/camps. The following programs are now open for registration:
• Rock Rec Camp – Oct. 14-18, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.: This award-winning camp is designed to keep elementary-aged children busy with field trips, games, sports and crafts. Plus, campers will enjoy two days at the Recreation Center or MAC pool. Before and after care is also available. Keep in mind, Rock Rec Camp runs during all Douglas County School District breaks.
• Castle Rock Athletic Camp – Oct. 14-18, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: This multi-sport camp is for ages 7-12 and will provide kids the opportunity to learn different sports throughout the week. Sports include basketball, volleyball, soccer, flag football and lacrosse. This half-day camp can be combined with Rock Rec Camp to make a full-day of fun.
• Dance Camps – Oct. 15 and Oct. 16, 9:30 a.m. to noon: One-day dance camps offer ages 3-10 the chance to dance, play and sing to creative themes. Themes include Fairy Tale and Super Hero and Pop Star Dance and Sing.
• Dungeons and Dragons Camp – Oct. 14-16, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.: Dungeons and Dragons is the fastest growing tabletop game in the nation, and a great way to help kids grow social and leadership skills. This beginner camp is for ages 11-17 and includes social skill development, crafting a dice box and creating a unique Dungeons and Dragons map.
• Pokemo-Mania Camp – Oct. 14-18, 9 a.m. to noon or 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.: STEMplicity Games hosts this camp designed to introduce kids to science, engineering and architectural concepts. Campers will collaborate in teams, practice cognitive and communication skills, and of course, use their imagination.
Visit CRgov.com/camps to learn more and register today.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/notifyme, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).