Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Dancing under the stars, listening to music with friends and family, enjoying food and drinks with your toes in the grass – for many people that’s a recipe for a perfect summer night. Well make that dream a reality by joining the Town for the Celebration Concert Series at the new Amphitheater at Philip S. Miller Park.
On select Saturdays May through September, experience the new Amphitheater at Philip S. Miller Park. Enjoy live music from nationally known bands, along with craft beer and cocktails under the stars. Think a more intimate version of Red Rocks Amphitheater. These ticketed music events are sure to become a signature part of summers in Castle Rock.
Tickets are on sale now! Head to CRgov.com/PSMConcerts for details. But, don’t wait. These concerts are expected to sell out. The concert series will include:
• Shooter Jennings – May 21The only son of country legends Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter, Shooter Jennings literally spent his childhood on a tour bus. Following in his father’s footsteps, but with his own feisty, scrappy sense of country, Jennings placed himself in a fine position to both explore that legacy and carve out his own. Shooter and pianist Erik Deutsch formed a band, called the Triple Crown, and released the single “Outlaw You.” It reached the top spot on CMT’s daily audience request competition. The first original single from the album, “The Deed and the Dollar,” again reached the top spot in the daily CMT request competition.
• The Fab Four – June 11If you want to experience the best Beatles tribute ever, you won’t want to miss The Fab Four-The Ultimate Tribute. The Emmy Award winning Fab Four is elevated far above every other Beatles tribute due to their precise attention to detail. With uncanny, note-for-note live renditions of Beatles’ classics such as “ Can’t Buy Me Love,” “Yesterday,” “A Day in the Live,” Twist and Shout,” “Here Comes the Sun,” and “Hey Jude,” the Fab Four will make you think you are watching the real thing.
• The Colorado Symphony – June 30One of the leading orchestras in the United States, the Colorado Symphony performs more than 150 concerts annually at Boettcher Concert Hall in Downtown Denver and across Colorado. Led by internationally renowned Music Director Andrew Litton, the Colorado Symphony is home to 80 full-time musicians. Every season, the Colorado Symphony serves more than 250,000 people from all walks of life, performing a range of musical styles, from traditional to contemporary.
• The Marshall Tucker Band – Aug. 27In the early fall of 1973, The Marshall Tucker Band was still a young and hungry group out to prove themselves every time they hit the stage. Today, the band records on its own Ramblin’ Record Label and continues to release new and previously unreleased material. With hits singles like “Heard it in a Love Song,” “Fire on the Mountain,” “Can’t You See,” and “Take the Highway,” The Marshall Tucker Band earned seven gold and three platinum albums.
• Starship featuring Mickey Thomas – Sept. 24Backed by the power of Mickey Thomas’ vocals, Jefferson Starship scored a No. 1 hit with “Jane,” and continued to record an amazing string of hits including “No Way Out,” “We Built this City,” “Sara,” and an Oscar nomination for the No. 1 hit “Nothing Gonna Stop us Now” from the movie Mannequin. Other top hits included “Find Your Way Back, “Stranger,” “Laying It on the Line,” and “It’s Not Over Till It’s Over.”
Get your Patron’s Package!
Excited about the idea of celebrating the summer at an outdoor concert? Die-hard concert enthusiasts check out the Patron Packages. These packages are designed for those hoping to make this summer a truly memorable season. Packages include:
• Two headliner tickets to each concert• One preferred parking pass• Admission to the Hospitality Suite Reception (includes one drink ticket per person)• Early venue access• An unframed, limited edition commemorative print
Head to CRgov.com/PSMConcerts for details and pricing.
The concert series is part of Town Council’s goal to keep our community character alive. The Celebration Concert Series is part of the Town’s first full year of ramped up community festivals, concerts and activities. The priority is to continue to bring family friendly events to the Downtown area and Philip S. Miller Park.
Check out CRgov.com/PSMConcerts for more details, or find the event posts on the Town’s Facebook page (/CRgov).
Want to get involved in Town events? We’re looking for sponsors! Be among the first to present these exciting events to our community. Plus, join the events staff or become a volunteer. Email specialevents@CRgov.com for more information.
Get Town news straight to your inbox. Sign up online at CRgov.com/notifyme, or follow the Town on Facebook (facebook.com/CRgov), Twitter (@CRgov), Instagram (CRGOV) and LinkedIn (search Town of Castle Rock).