The Town-owned facility at 1469 Columbine Drive has served many roles since it was built in the early 1980s. This half-acre site was originally built as a substation for the Town’s then-volunteer fire department and has also served as a water well site and home of the Town’s Facility Maintenance Department.
With completion of the Town’s new Central Service Center in 2019, the facilities at 1469 Columbine are no longer needed to support Town services. The Central Service Center now houses the Town’s Facilities and Parks departments. Town Council directed staff in March 2019 to proceed with planning the demolition of the current structure and begin plans to re-purpose this area. Town Council again affirmed this plan in December 2019.
An open house occurred on Jan. 30, 2020 to discuss plans for this site with neighborhood residents. Given Town Council direction and input from the neighborhood, staff is preparing to demolish existing structures and re-purpose this site. The zoning at this site allows for residential dwellings, underground public utilities and indoor/outdoor recreation. Current planning includes transitioning the site to a new open space area.
Timing for demolition and redevelopment of this site has been delayed due to economic uncertainty related to the COVID-19 pandemic. This page will be updated as more information is available.
Check back for project updates. Please feel free to contact Matt Gohl, Special Projects Manager, at 303-660-1359 or email@example.com with questions or comments on the project.