Caliber at Terrain
The Garrett Companies, on behalf of Poplar Investments Inc., submitted an application for a Site Development Plan for an apartment complex on the northeast corner of Founders Parkway and State Highway 86. The location was zoned for up to 400 multifamily units in 1981.
Site Development Plan
The original plan proposed 21 two-story apartment buildings containing 226 residential units, and 416 parking spaces which were to be provided via 204 attached garage spaces and 212 surface parking spaces. A clubhouse / leasing office, a pool, and a dog park were also a part of the proposal.
A revised plan proposes 17 three-story apartment buildings containing 238 residential units, and 446 parking spaces which are to be provided via 170 attached garage spaces and 276 surface parking spaces. A clubhouse / leasing office, a pool, and a dog park are also being provided. The plan will require public hearings before the Planning Commission for review and recommendation and Town Council for review and final decision.
The Town requires developers to obtain feedback on concepts from neighbors before submitting a formal application and site plan. Once a formal application is submitted, the Town initiates a thorough review process that includes extensive traffic and drainage studies, as well as site layout and buffering to adjacent properties. Opportunities for additional public input are also part of the review process.
Zoning / development constraints
The current zoning for the site was approved on April 4, 1981, and is referred to as The Villages at Castle Rock Planned Development Plan. The zoning regulations associated with the Planned Development Plan contemplated build out of the entire development within 25 years, but did not provide any restrictions or remedies for any remaining parcels, that have yet to be completed by that time frame. The majority of The Villages at Castle Rock Planned Development has been rezoned over the years so the 25-year completion statement has not been applicable. Town Council will need to discuss and provide a decision on the applicability of the 25-year completion statement once the application is presented to Council.
- April 24, 2019 – Developer held first neighborhood meeting to share Site Development Plan proposal
- July 12, 2019 – Developer submitted formal application to the Town
- Aug. 7, 2019 – Town provided applicant with first review comments on the proposal
- Sept. 25, 2019 – Developer held second neighborhood meeting to share revised proposal
- Nov. 20, 2019 – Developer submitted revised proposal
- Dec. 18, 2019 - Town provided applicant with second review comments on the revised proposal
- Jan. 28, 2020 - Developer submitted revised proposal
- Review of subsequent submittals until all staff comments have been addressed
- One more neighborhood meeting prior to public hearings
- Planning Commission hearing for public hearing and recommendation
- Town Council hearing for public hearing and final decision
For more information about this proposed development, contact us by email or at 720-733-3566.