Meadows Parkway Reconstruction
Investing in our infrastructure
Road maintenance is imperative to safety and quality of life. That’s why the Town is planning some pretty extensive work along Meadows Parkway in 2018.
Get email updates.
Join us for an open house
6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 12
In 2018, the Town is investing in a full reconstruction of Meadows Parkway between Prairie Hawk Drive and U.S. Highway 85. Crews will completely remove the concrete pavement and replace it with asphalt. When work is done, your drive will be much smoother.
Work is expected to start around Memorial Day and last through August. During that time, we’re asking for your patience. Please consider leaving extra time during your commute, or following one of the alternate routes listed below.
Minimizing impactWe know road improvements mean temporary inconvenience. For that reason, the Town has done the following to expedite construction:
- Night work: at times, crews will be working around-the-clock to get the work done
- Incentives: the Town will offer an incentive to the chosen contractor if work is completed ahead of schedule
The Town intends to maintain one lane of traffic in each direction along Meadows Parkway. Still, we all know this is a busy corridor, and we’re asking you to please drive safely.
You might consider these alternate routes:
- North Meadows Drive connects to U.S. 85 and then to I-25 as Castle Rock Parkway. It’s also a good route to the Outlets at Castle Rock and the Promenade at Castle Rock
- Coachline Road connects to Wolfensberger Road and then to I-25. It can also take you to Plum Creek Parkway and on to I-25
- Prairie Hawk Drive to Wolfensberger or Red Hawk Drive to Wolfensberger will also get you to I-25
The Town has been preparing for this work for some time. The timing of this project was purposely planned after the opening of Castle Rock Parkway/North Meadows Drive. In addition, the Town last year worked to improve Coachline Road for an anticipated increase in detour-related traffic.
Before work begins this year, a right-turn-only lane will be added from North Meadows Drive to Butterfield Crossing Drive in an effort to keep traffic moving through that intersection.
Sign up for email updates on the project. Once construction starts, the Town plans to provide weekly updates to that list of subscribers.
The Town will also host an open house to answer questions and provide information. Sign up for the emails to get more details on that event when available.
This improvement is budgeted at $2.5 million. Of that, $1.3 million is coming from a federal grant, which was administered to the Town through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) and CDOT.
2018 CIP Meadows Parkway Reconstruction Project Bid Comparison