Town Council Meetings
- 6 p.m.
- First and third Tuesdays
- Town Hall Council Chambers (second floor)
100 N. Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Public comment is welcome
We believe in open government and encourage citizens and members of the public to attend Council meetings to provide input on agenda items or other matters affecting the Town.
Speaking before Council
If you would like to address Council on matters relevant to Town business we ask that you:
- Please arrive prior to the start of the meeting and sign in to speak
- Please speak into the microphone and direct your comments to the Mayor and Council
Unscheduled public appearances
- This time is reserved for public comment on items or issues that are not scheduled on the agenda
- Each speaker is allowed three minutes to address Council
- Time will be limited to 30 minutes
- If time permits, after all residents have been heard, non-residents will be allowed to speak until the 30 minute time limit has been reached
- Additional time will be allocated at the end of the scheduled agenda for those members of the public originally signed up at the beginning of the meeting who were not able to be heard during the earlier 30 minute unscheduled public appearance time. Residents will be given priority to speak in the order they signed up followed by nonresidents
- Council generally will not discuss or make any decisions on what is presented at this time
Advertised public hearings and discussion action items
- This time is reserved for public comment on most items scheduled on the agenda
- Each speaker is allowed four minutes to address Council
- Comments must be related to the agenda item content
Special presentationsIf you would like to make a special presentation at a Council meeting you can contact the Mayor, a Councilmember or the Town Manager. We can work with you directly to schedule an appropriate Council meeting for your item.
- A power point presentation during public comment must be submitted for approval 24 hours in advance
- Materials or handouts should be given to the Town Clerk prior to the start of the meeting
- The Town reserves the right not to approve a presentation