All businesses interested in soliciting door-to-door in Castle Rock must apply for a Solicitor Registration License, per ordinance.
A solicitor is any person attempting to make contact with a homeowner with the purpose of selling goods or services at the point of contact, whether or not the goods or services are actually delivered at the time of sale.
Ordinance No. 2013-43 prohibits soliciting at residences with the following:
- The Town of Castle Rock 'No Knock' sticker displayed
- Any posted 'No Soliciting' sign
- Any address registered on the Town of Castle Rock No Knock List but choosing not to display the No-Knock sticker.
Solicitors should review the No Knock List daily. Resident addresses are submitted constantly and this list is ever evolving.
The hours of soliciting are between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Solicitor applications may be completed and submitted to the Town Clerk's Office at
100 N Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
Additional items required
In addition to the completed application the following items are required to begin processing the application.
- Two passport photos (2 by 2 inches) for the solicitor ID badge
- Cash or check for $35 payable to the Town of Castle Rock (credit card payments are not accepted)
- Copy of your Driver's License or State ID for the purpose of the background check
- Proof of a current Castle Rock Business & Tax License or Contractor Registration