Start a new hobby, learn new activities, and meet new friends in our special interest programs. Check out our youth and adult pottery classes, discover new talents or dust off old skills in our youth and adult painting classes. Try our popular dance classes for adults, or join other members of the community with disabilities in the REAL program.
Some of the exciting programs we offer throughout the year include pottery, kids clay, oil painting, acrylics, REAL ski program, adult Spanish classes, and ballroom dancing for couples. Please view the Winter/Spring 2017 Recreation Guide for more information about class details, dates and times.
Current special interest programs include:
- Adult Pottery - Beginning through advanced – all levels welcome! Learn wheel throwing and hand building in a comfortable, fun environment. Bring your own tools, or purchase tools and clay at the Front Desk.
- Bob Ross Oil Painting - No prior painting experience is necessary, and you will leave the class with a completed painting on a 16-by-20-inch canvas. A $5 materials fee must be paid to the instructor. Please bring a roll of paper towels. A 30-minute lunch break will be given.
- Adult Spanish Classes - This introductory, fast-paced Spanish class focuses on vocabulary, pronunciation and communication basics. A bilingual workbook fee of $20 is payable to the instructor on the first day of class. This class is provided by Spanish Enrichment Inc.
- Country Swing - A floor full of dance fun, turns and twirls. This original four-count swing can be combined with all other dances.
- Night Club Two-Step - This is a fun and easy dance to do when those beautiful ballads are played. With basic moves and turns you will find yourself floating across the dance floor.
- Country Western Ballroom Waltz - Learn the very basic beginning steps and move onto simple turns and figures in this wonderful dance. Come out and waltz the night away.
- Rumba - Learn this slow romantic dance that is easy and dreamy. This is a wonderful place to start learning Latin dancing with its great styles and techniques.
- Level Two Country Western Two-Step Workshop - Learn new and exciting turns and twirls for your Two-Step. Participants will need knowledge of the Two-Step basics for this class. One night only!