The Board of Adjustment hears requests for variance from strict enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance regulations that meet the following criteria:
- Requests for reasonable accommodation by persons with a disability to allow accessory uses not otherwise permitted
- Where, by reason of exceptional shape or topography, or exceptional situation of the building or the land, practical difficulty or hardship would be caused from strict enforcement of the zoning ordinance regulations. Types of variance requests include, but are not limited to, minimum area of lot, minimum width of lot, maximum building height, minimum front, side and/or rear yard and minimum off street parking requirements.
The Board of Adjustment also hears appeals that meet the following criteria:
- Any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official
- Any provision of the floodplain regulations made by the Town engineering or construction department
- Due to special circumstances, a hardship is cause due to strict enforcement of the sign code regulations
Application forms can be downloaded, or are available at the Development Services office in Town Hall at:
100 N Wilcox St.
Castle Rock, CO 80104
The application includes essay-type questions, because decisions by the Board of Adjustment must be based upon evidence that is on record. The questions provide evidence for the board and provide the applicant an opportunity to state the case.