Commercial building permits
Contractors are required to have a valid license from a testing jurisdiction with an ICC equivalent exam, current registration and a certificate of liability insurance, workers compensation insurance (if applicable) with the Town of Castle Rock prior to applying for a building permit.
Commercial building permits are available through eTRAKit. The Town of Castle Rock Building Division supports Project Green. Project Green promotes an environmentally responsible and sustainable Town workforce, which includes paperless building permit applications. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their plans electronically in PDF format for review through eTrakiT.
Contact the Building Division by email for alternate submittal methods.
All commercial projects require a plan review.
*Permit applications for air conditioning units, water heaters, furnaces and boilers require the manufacturers specifications and load calculations at submittal.
** Permit applications for commercial roofs please refer to the commercial roofing guide
Commercial Fire Requirements
Fire Protection plans or bi-directional antenna plans should be submitted directly to the Fire Department, a permit application is required. All other permits for the Fire Department are directly linked with eTrakit.
- Commercial CO Checklist (PDF)
- Commercial Remodel Application Checklist (PDF)
- Commercial Tenant Improvement Checklist (PDF)
- New Commercial and Multi Family Application Checklist (PDF)
- Construction and Sales Trailers Application and Checklist (PDF)
- Contractor Registration and Renewal Form (PDF)
- Certificate of Occupancy Policy (PDF)
- Commercial Water Calculations Fixture Unit Worksheet (PDF)
- Electronic Submittal Guidelines (PDF)
- Revisions and Resubmittal Guidelines (PDF)
- PCWRA Industrial Waste Questionnaire (PDF)
- PCWRA Food Services Questionnaire (PDF)
- Foundation Compliance Form
- Third Party Sewer Inspection Form
- Third Party Water Inspection Form