Transportation Master Plan
Visualize the future of transportation, updated master plan looks to 2040
Your Town thinks ahead. When it comes to transportation, our plan for the future is visualized in the Transportation Master Plan.
Think beyond roads. This document outlines plans for all aspects of our transportation system over the next two decades – including bicycle routes, pedestrian links, road construction projects and more.
The plan was last updated in 2011, and a lot has changed. Now, we’re updating the plan to look at 2040.
There are a lot of projects already planned over the next five years. Here’s a look at some of those:
- New Roundabout at Third and Perry streets Downtown (2017)
- Upgrades to the traffic signal system (2017)
- Improvements at Founders Parkway and Allen Way (2018)
- Ridge Road widening from Highway 86 to Plum Creek Parkway (2018)
- Improvements at Crowfoot Valley Road and Founders Parkway (2018)
- Fifth Street widening (2021)
- Roundabout at Wolfensberger Road and Plum Creek Parkway (2018)
- Saving for Crystal Valley Parkway Interchange
- Saving for the widening of North Meadows Drive from The Meadows to U.S. 85
- Extension of Mitchell Creek Trail to Ridge Road, including a neighborhood connection to Tabor Court (2016)
- East Plum Creek Trail expansion from Perry Street 2 miles south to Crystal Valley Parkway (2017-18)
In 2005, Castle Rock voters opted out of the Regional Transportation District (RTD) and related taxes. Transit will be part of the conversation looking ahead to 2040 in addition to regional conversations with Douglas County and the Colorado Department of Transportation.
As the Town grows, it’s also important to study parking. A separate study is underway.
Thank you for your feedback!
We've received more than 200 comments! Thank you for taking the time during November, December and January to share your thoughts. Next, we'll get working on a draft of the plan. Then, we'll get your feedback on that, too.
We’ll keep you informed. Sign up for updates on the Transportation Master Plan. You’ll be among the first to know when we need more feedback, when we have a draft ready for your review and when the draft is published.