Town Code requires that all dogs residing in the Town of Castle Rock, over the age of 6 months, be licensed. Cats do not require a license. For a complete listing of the rules and regulations for animals in Castle Rock, view the Municipal Code.
To obtain a license for goats or pigs, contact Animal Control at PoliceAnimalControl@crgov.com or call 303-663-6100.
How To Apply
- Full access to the HomeSafe™ 24 / 7 lost pet service
- A selection of over 160 designer tag options that double as your pet's official license
- A central dashboard for your pet's medical records and information
- A quick and easy online solution for purchasing and renewing your pet's license
Funds provided by pet licenses supply much-needed financial resources for local animal welfare programs initiatives. Also, DocuPet offers a designer license tag upgrade option that donates 20% of each purchase to The Buddy Center.
Register at CRgov.com/docupet
The fastest and easiest way to license your pet is by creating your secure online profile. You may also license your pet by any of these alternate options:
- Mail: print out a Castle Rock DocuPet Registration Form (PDF) and mail the form to DocuPet, 235 Harrison St. #61, Syracuse, NY 13202
- In-person: Castle Rock Police Department, 100 Perry St., Castle Rock, CO 80104
Note: you must provide a copy of your pet's certificate of rabies vaccination to obtain a license.
For licensing-related questions, call DocuPet at 1-877-239-6072. To report a lost or found pet, log in to your DocuPet account or call 1-877-239-6072 and press option 3.