ePolice Reporting system
Emergency: dial 911
Using this online system allows you to report a nonviolent crime, such as identity theft, vandalism or lost or found property immediately and print a copy of the resulting police report for free. These online reports cannot pertain to crimes in progress.
Confirm the following to decide if this tool is right for you:
Turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Helpful hints for completing your report:
Make sure you have chosen the correct incident type to file. You will be asked the same information that a police officer would have asked you in person.
Once you have entered all of the information, you will be given an opportunity to make sure that everything is correct before submitting your report.
After you submit the report, you will receive an email confirming that the report has been received.
An officer will then review and approve the report and send you a PDF copy of the report via email. Or the officer could contact you with some additional questions or advice on what to do if the report is not something that can be filed with the Police Department.
By filing your report online, you are not only saving yourself time but also helping your community. Online reports provide the agency with valuable information about crimes in your area while reducing the response time of patrol officers to emergencies.
Your feedback is important. Let us know about your ePolice Reporting experience.
- See the message: "Your online police report has been submitted," showing that your police report is complete.
- Have a police report case number, which you can refer to if you have questions for police. You can submit this report number to your insurance company.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
- All cases filed using the ePolice Reporting System will be reviewed by a Castle Rock police officer.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.